Farewell to Sam & Bon Voyage to Ivana

Yesterday we sadly had to say goodbye (or au revoir) to our student teacher, Sam. Sam has been working with us for the last 4 weeks and we’ve enjoyed having him in our class. All of the students in LA 2-6 contributed to a shared lunch/farewell party &, even better, managed to keep it a secret from Sam. Well done everyone! A big thank you to Aaron, Darcy, Ivana, Iva & Lisa who did a fantastic job helping clean up the kitchen.

Hopefully Sam will come back to visit when he’s not too engrossed in his uni studies.

Ivana has left us for 5 weeks as she, and her family, travel to Europe to visit family and do some sightseeing.We all wish her a wonderful trip & look forward to her sharing her adventures with us in Week 10.

It would be very remiss of me not to thank all of you in LA 2-6 for making my birthday yesterday a very enjoyable day. It was lovely to spend the day with you all and I even enjoyed your singing ;-)

5 Responses to “Farewell to Sam & Bon Voyage to Ivana”

1. Happy Birthday Pam. Im showing your blog to our Primary teachers this week. Im learning a little more each week. I guess the main thing is to keep using it.
    Cheers
    Jeanie
    Mt Gambier

2. Hello Pam, I”m at the same school with Jeanie, she’s so good at computers and I’m only just beginning. I’m very impressed with all the blogging that you are doing with your class.
    Cherio
    Chrisa
    Mt Schank

3. Hello Mrs Thompson,
    Yes it is sad that Sam and Ivana left for a while. Hopefully they do come back to visit.

We are from 4/5J Brisbane Australia. Please look at our blogs and leave a comment. Visit our blogs at http://www.rebeccasfolio.blogspot.com and http://www.chloesfolio.blogspot.com

From Rebecca.P and Chloe 4/5J

4. It is great when you get good student teachers who fit in well with the class. How computer savvy do you find your student teachers to be? Are they into the blogging and other web2.0 tools?

5. Hi,

It’s great to see that Ivana has sent her friends post cards. She’s having a great time and eating a lot by the sounds of it. Ivana is in Italy at the moment and we can’t wait until she gets back.

Lisa :)

Lucky Ivana. It sounds as though she’s having a great time.