Week 4

Someone will have to help me with more creative titles for these posts!

Although I was unable to be there the word is that everyone played really well during today’s music lesson. Next week will be the final rehearsal before we perform for the Junior Primary classes and parents. I’m looking forward to it as it’s a great opportunity for you all to shine and show how hard you’ve been working, and the progress that you’ve made. And thank you, Sam, for the offer, but I don’t think I’ll steal the limelight with a saxophone solo! :-)

This week I’ll be sending a letter home to parents asking them to work with their child on a persuasive writing task. Students will then need to write a letter to their parents trying to persuade them to allow them to do/have something that has been denied. Hopefully the authenticity of the task will promote some powerful persuasive writing!

Week 4 Word Study

week-4-contract

This will be Ivana’s last week at school before she heads off for an exciting trip to Europe. Hopefully she’ll post about her experiences on her return. Sadly it is also Sam’s last week working with us. I’ve certainly enjoyed having Sam working in our classroom and we wish him well with the rest of his studies. Maybe he’ll come back and visit us again.

3 Responses to “Week 4”

1. Hi,
    I can’t wait until we get to perform for the little kids. I hope that they really enjoy it!!! After we have performed for the little kids will we be performing at assembly?
    Lisa :)

I’m sure that they will enjoy our performance. We should be sharing our learning at assembly in Week 10.

2. HI Mrs Thompson,
    i was just wondering if the draft for our persuasive writing was due in on Monday

Thanks, Nathan

Hi Nathan. No, just make sure that you bring in the list of your parents’ objections so that we can start the draft in class. Have a good weekend.

3. Hi Mrs Thompson,
    My name is Amara and I’m in Mrs J’s class in Brisbane. Thank you for visiting our blog and leaving a comment.